Great Days of Our Lives

There are many beautiful places to live in this world. I've had the pleasure of living in at least two (here and here). I've visited some beautiful places for vacation. But I think you would be hard pressed to live (or visit) a more beautiful or wonderful place than Santa Barbara.

Bubba and I needed some quality Dada-Bubba time since I was at the hospital with My Lover for almost four days for Sweet Pea's entrance. So yesterday Brody and I went to the tide pools in Carpinteria with Erin (Brody's girlfriend) and her dad Jono to enjoy the wondrous 80 degree weather. Bubba and Erin got to hold starfish and sea snails, touch sea anemones, swim in little pools of warm water, and experience rubbing off tar with smooth rocks provided by the ocean. I thought this huge starfish was the coolest!

Bubba and Erin wading in the pools holding a HUGE starfish. Bubba wouldn't touch hold it,
but Erin is very adventurous and will touch just about anything!

Erin really was having the best time! My Lover and I are pretty sure Erin will be a model...
and probably a pretty good athlete based on her genetics.

I tried to get Bubba to hold this sea anemone (it was dead) but politely said, "No thank you."
Erin however was all to anxious to try holding it.

Note that we were not at an amusement park. We did not pay money to see some staged environment mimicking nature. We did not travel to a remote location to experience the wonders of God's creation. We drove down the street, walked down the beach, and WHAM! were in the middle of a three year old's dream world. We had so much fun together (aside from the tar) and built for me what will be life long memories of Bubba's first second (My Lover corrected me on this) experience to the tide pools.

After we got home we got to enjoy a wonderful veggie lasagna dinner provided by one of our Bible study members (thanks Anna!) on our patio. Grandmama and Georgina convinced me to bust out the fire pit and have a marshmallow roast on Grandmama's last day with us.
Bubba loved to burn the marshmallow and then try and blow it out. After lighting this
specific marshmallow and it getting slightly out of control he dropped the roasting
stick and ran into the yard. Too funny!
Bubba thought the melted marshmallow was pretty good on his fingers.

Bubba turning 3 has had its challenges, but man do I love his little boy antics. He had the best time blowing out on-fire marshmallows and just being with all of us. Oh, and it was like 65 degrees with a wonderful starry sky.

Yesterday was one of the great days of my life. That was two great days in one week so I'm feeling pretty blessed.

After you read this post go out and make some great days of your own with your kids.

4 comments:

Tessa said...

MaiI want to go to the tide pools in Carp! I want to hold a starfish. Am I allowed to leave a comment being that I am not a dad oh and can I put your new blog on my blog that you so beautifully fixed for me?

Kevin Sturm said...

um...yes you can link to my blog. In fact link to all my blogs!

Yes you are allowed to leave a comment, just pretend you're a dad...

Who is "Mail"?

Tessa said...

Mail is German for "Man". Didn't you know that? :)

Chrystal Sturm said...

oh...Man, I want to go to the tide pools...

That's funny, Lita. We shall TOTALLY GO as you are coming to see us in just a few days! Yahoo!

Honey...do you remember that we played in the tide pools in Mexico too? I'm sure it wasn't as cool as the Carp pools tho. He's more likely to remember this adventure than the Mexico trip. Thank goodness for cameras!