Walt Disney and Dead Cats

As dinner wound down a couple nights ago Bubba and I were sitting at the table together talking about life. My Lover was changing Sweet Pea's diaper in the other room so it was man-to-man talk. We talked about cars, airplanes, going to the zoo, and other things that happened to Bubba that day. The conversation then took an odd turn.

Bubba: Dada, I'm gonna kill the cat and put it in a box.
Me: WHAT!? (attempting not not laugh)
Bubba: I'm gonna kill the cat and put it in a box.
Me: Your going to kill Bowen? (our cat's name is Bowen)
Bubba: Yes.
Me: Why?
Bubba: Because I like to.

At this point I was thinking maybe I need to show a little more affection toward Bowen. I'm not a huge cat fan (he was part of the package when My Lover and I got married), and have probably said a few times with gritted teeth when he does stuff I don't like, "I'm gonna kill that cat." I thought maybe I had turned our loving 3 year old into an estranged cat killer. But I was hoping something else was maybe happening here...


As a side note "Because I like to." has become a very common answer when asking Brody why he did something wrong and he is not sure how to respond.

Me: But why would you kill Bowen?
Brody: Dada! (with arms out streched a palms up) Like the guy on Scamp.
Me: You mean like the dog catcher does with Scamp?
Brody: Yes.
Me: Bubba, do you mean you are going to catch the cat and put it in the pound like the dog catcher does with Scamp.
Brody: Yeah dadda, like that.

So there you have it. Walt Disney made my toddler want to kill our cat and put him in a box.


Lady and the Tramp II is a really cute
movie and great for toddler ages.


Scamp (aka Whirlwind) = Bubba

5 comments:

Andy said...

quit bickering and just let him kill the cat.

Chrystal Sturm said...

I second Andy's comment.

Unfortunately, Brody is attached. I was telling my neighbor's house keeper that if she wanted Bowen, she could have him! Brody immediately told her, "You can't take my cat." I thought he might spit at her. A couple of nights later we wake up to him crying HARD in the middle of the night. I go up to check on him and he says, "Mommy. I don't want that lady to take Booowwenn." Great. I guess were keeping the cat.

Until Brody kills him and puts him in a box, that is.

Andy said...

maybe its time to teach brody a lesson about letting go, and about sharing?

Andy said...

btw, my friend was in a band back in high school and their band name was: "This is for brodie"

Andy said...

btw, I was 80% flash on the super hero quiz.