They Call Me "The Baby Whisperer"

Wanna win the cry war? Either call me because I'm a freakin' pro at this or watch this 7 minute video (do not call me by the way...my baby soothing schedule is all full up). All I can say is thank you Dr. Karp for making The Happiest Baby on the Block.Dads this is especially for you because I think this is easier for us as we have longer forearms and bigger hands. Sorry if you are of the vertically challenged or just have freakishly short arms and stubby fingers because you're probably screwed here and on the basketball court...bummer.

After mastering this technique with Sweet Pea I now wonder why in name of sleep deprivation did I not watch this video when Bubba was born? I promise if you do this right you will get more sleep and you will be a stud-man-awesome-husband-gentle-father all at the same time in the eyes of your wife. And that combo is a rarity.

If you are thinking I already know "the 5 S's" so I don't have to watch this, do it anyway. I knew them before with Bubba but I was doing it wrong. Swinging is not really swinging, but rather jiggling..."the 5 =S's" just sounds better than "the 4 S's and 1 J".

As a word of caution here do not "shake" your baby. Shaking babies is bad.

Martini + Shaken = Good
Baby + Shaken = Someone should punch you in the nuts

Now go out and make some happy babies. After all, happy babies means happy mommies and happy mommies means you might actually get some in another 3 to 4 weeks...

2 comments:

Andy said...

get some what?

Anonymous said...

yeah, get some what? - grandmama